If the phrase NO NOTICE INSPECTION strikes fear into your heart, don t panic! In her new book, Sarah Findlater covers everything you need to know to survive an Ofsted inspection.
This book is an invaluable guide for every teacher who wants to ensure they are fully prepared for their first Ofsted inspection, perform in an outstanding manner and get as much out of the process as possible. The chapters are split into four phases, making it relevant whether you want to set up systems and improve day-to-day teaching well in advance, you need quick-fix ‘night before advice, last minute ‘on the day strategies, or you need help making the most of Ofsted feedback once the inspection is over.
Everything you need to consider to make all areas of your teaching ready for observation are included in this guide, as well as:
– practical strategies for improving key areas inspected by Ofsted including closing the achievement gap and literacy and numeracy provision
– ‘inspection connection’ boxes comprising analysis of key areas of the Ofsted school inspection handbook
– logistical details of everything that will happen before, during and after the inspection – from the moment the phone call is received to the submission of the inspector’s final report
– extracts from outstanding inspection reports
– printable templates and checklists
– ‘remaining cool, calm and collected tips’ to help reduce (or hide!) your stress levels on the day.